This blog has been taking up space in my head for 4 days now. I’ve been off antidepressants for 6 months and now 4 days.
- I no longer feel drugged. I’m able to function in the real world like everyone else.
- Now when I look back at those 2 weeks of Hell going cold turkey, I have no regrets. Kind of like childbirth!
- I don’t sleep as well…I think I sleep as deep…just not as long. I seldom get 8 hours now.
- The anxiety is now manageable. I have been meditating every day. It is as important to me as my morning coffee.
- I finally am able to feel emotion…things make me laugh and I can tear up nearly on demand.
- My thoughts seem to be more rational. I credit meditation with opening my subconscious to assist.
- I have had some moments of irrational anger…or let’s say I’m no longer medicated so I feel the anger.
Every day is a lesson to be learned. I missed out on a lot using pharmaceuticals for a long as I did 15 years. I wish a doctor had given me encouragement to try real life!
It is an empowering experience.
Until next time…..