Preparing for Christmas Eve brunch.
- Throwing the ingredients for monkey bread into the greased angel food cake pan, I reflected on how many times I have cringed while greasing the cake pan all the while wondering why you aren’t suppose to grease an angel food cake pan.
- Wondered if my mother somehow knew I greased angel food cake pans which drifted into remembering my mother and Aunt Frances cooking every holiday meal together and even after 80+ years still arguing about it.
- I had coffee with my dad (where ever he is) in his red and black Christmas flannel shirt and I repledged my undying love for him. My best qualities…the ones I don’t take credit for, I got from my dad.
- Realized the Christmas cry was going to happen at some point today.
- Made “company potatos” from a beloveds recipe and I hope she knows I miss her so much today!
- Wondered if the girls and their families have the slightest idea how much I love and cherish them.
- Turned on the cold water in the sink to rinse a dish and wondered if I just scalded “him” in the shower, felt bad, then snickered because he’s probably cursing.
- Realized I am feeling so much gratitude for the love around me.
- Commencing Christmas Cry.