- Marijuana should be legalized for medical and recreational use
- You are not taking my gun
- No more boots on the ground until every other option has failed
- Tighten security at the borders but make the path to citizenship attainable
- Failure to follow the path to citizenship, then by all means you are going back home
- Health care is a right not privilege
- Separation of church and state
- Affordable college tuition
- Lock up criminals..no early out and if that means building more prisons, then so be it. There must be a consequence for bad behavior….and see number 1
- News media needs a conscience
- Hold politicians accountable – morally vs lip service
- Abortion should be legal. This is not a pro-abortion stance this is pro-choice. If you want abortion to be illegal, show up to help raise unwanted children and quit complaining about social programs
- There are evil people in every color
- Vote your conscience and not your political affiliation
Government is too big and involved in our lives; but, until we commence taking care of our own, it is a necessary EVIL!
….and another thing
I like to clean house. I find it very peaceful…I like clean…and I love to sit down in the evening and relax knowing everything is clean and in its place. I especially like the days when I'm home alone so I don't have to consider someone else's expectations – I can clean – get side tracked, clean, watch a little tv, clean….clean and think with no distractions. I just noticed that when I'm thinking about how to spell destractions…I used a long E…but know that it is distractions with a short I.
My thoughts about a certain family remember who tends to lean to the right politically was a deep focus. I was thinking about what I know of his lifestyle. He is not religious so doesn't have those pulls…he is very successful financially…he goes for it and gets it done and I think he is very smart…and I thought…ahhh..he is fiscally conservative…which makes total sense. I don't know where he stands on any of the platform issues and will have to ask him…like abortion, gun control, gay marriage, etc.
I was also raised by "republicans". My father was very, VERY fiscally conservative, he loved guns…was probably one of the first in line to get a carry permit back in the dark ages…I assume he was against abortion – he would have probably been anti-gay mostly because he didn't understand it…he had hard as rock beliefs in what he thought was wrong and right. He was an agnostic. My mother grew up in a bible thumper family – very religious. She and her sister cooked for the ministers after church on Sunday when they were young. My mother was an anti abortion and anti gay person until I explained to her what that meant if she, me or one of my daughters was going to die because they couldn't get an abortion and or would have to carry a rape baby that they didn't want or if one of the girls decided they wanted a same sex marriage. If it was her family…then they should be able to do what they wanted to do…but, by golly…she didn't believe everyone else should have that right. typical….*sticks finger in mouth to throw up. She was one of those people who put her love of God out there for other people but did not live it in her own temple, so to speak.
I know longer believe that conservatives are the religious right and us liberals are the devil's hands. No labels. What I do believe and what disgusts me the most are the right religious radicals who God has personally delivered a message to who are against human rights. The ones who live their lives and crank out the religious bull shit about what God wants and doesn't want…yet fight against social assistance to those less fortunate and wouldn't hesitate to throw a gay person under a bus or kill an abortion doctor. I have no idea how I got here but that's what I"m thinking about today….Oh ya…it started when I was thinking about the nephew.
Until next time…